Πέμπτη, 3 Ιουλίου 2008
Τρίτη, 1 Ιουλίου 2008
Photography exhibition "Taste 4 Arts" in " The Earth Festival of Vlasti"
From Thursday 10th until 13th of July,2008
A co- operation of Photography Center of Thessaloniki with Les Amis du Vent, Legambiente and Ecotopia.
The Earth Festival of Vlasti in Kozani is an attempt to resist to the levelling off and homogenization of art, culture and entertainment. It is an alternative ethnic festival that will take place from 1 to 13 July 2008 under the auspices of the Community of Vlasti and with the support of Ecotopia Ltd. Greek and foreign artists will take part in a multicultural feast whose objective is to highlight the positive existence of differences among peoples and support the coexistence of cultures. Moreover, it is a public awareness campaign about the importance and the protection of the environment.
The Earth Festival is an established national cultural event, an alternative summer option attracting the interest of all those who seek something different. More than 50,000 visitors have attended the festival since 2002, over the 35 days of culture.
It encompasses activities for children, music, paintings and other conjectural arts, ecological movies, shadow-theatre, environmental education, outdoor activities, seminars, speeches about sustainable development, exhibition of the work of Environmental Organisations, etc. More specifically, some of the events that will take place are:
• Festival of ethnic and jazz music, with emphasis given to young musicians. Well- known groups and musicians will also participate.
• 3-days cinema festival which will present ecological films and documentaries.
• Performances of traditional "Shadow Theatre" and training workshop on this specific technique.
• Exhibition (stands and festival events) of the main environmental NGOs of Greece.
• Events on environmental education organised by the Environmental Education Group "VIDRA".
• Mountaineering (climbing in Mt. Siniatsiko) and hiking activities, in co-operation with scientists who will present the fauna and flora of the area.
• Lectures and slides presentations on natural environment (rare animals and birds that inhabit the area), on history and other issues, ecological or not.
• Acquaintance with the local products (cheese, pies, etc.) as well as with organic food items.
There will also be events of the Taste4Arts European programme which is dedicated to food safety, a very topical issue.